Well, our weddin' was in the Nauvoo, IL Temple (about a 4 1/2 hour drive) and boy were we ready to get it out of the way! The adversary sure tried hard to keep us from there, nothing worked out!!!Three of my sisters and my brother and his wife and my parents were able to go. The day before is when I did the things for myself, and then we did the sealing on the 24th. Talk about information overload! I had felt like I had sat through a three hour long lecture by someone like President Hinckley so I tried so hard to listen to every single word and concept...but I gave up after a while. It was so powerful, but it has helped tremendously that we have returned once a month since. Probably the most comical part (for everyone else) was during the pictures afterward when I had to run back into the temple (in my dress and all) because I got so hot and was going to throw up. The photographer is a family friend from a long time ago, and so she goes, "Can you make it inside, or do you just need to do it in the grass?" I was thinking, " I can't puke on temple grounds!" So, here I go a runnin', my sister trailin' behind, past the check point guards, and into the bathroom. That was when we called it quits for pictures that day...
The open house was very pretty and we got some very good pictures beforehand and during it, and I was happy that so many were able to attend that.




.
2 comments:
yay! Abbie has a blog now and we get to see her "pretend" husband,George Glass.:) I'm really glad you have this and that we can see whats going on. You better update it often.
yeah!! dave emailed me the link! your fam is SO CUTE! Can't wait to see what you are up to!
Post a Comment