Monday, June 23, 2008

A Day Out With Thomas

Last weekend we were able to go to this carnival-type event called A Day Out With Thomas in Baldwin City, KS. They do it once a year, and it is when a life-size Thomas the Tank train comes through and you can go for a train ride on it. They also had other things like a ton of train tables set up for the kids to play with, clowns, and a magician. The best part was the petting zoo though. I am sure Nick felt like he was watching two kids when we all went in there, because I was just as excited as Brady to pet the animals. It was awesome! They had the cutest little monkey there (they didn't let you pet him), and a huge tortoise that Brady kept trying to "pet" his giant head that was right by his giant mouth. They had these tiny baby goats, and when Brady looked at me to smile for the picture, one of them started trying to eat his shorts--it was sooo funny.
Other than that, we have all been doing well. Surprisingly, we have had a mild summer so far. I am pretty shocked that I am not any more uncomfortable yet with this pregnancy. It seems that I remember being quite cranky by this point in my last one. It has flown by for me I think because I have Brady to take care of. No names picked out yet--we need to get on that I guess because we are getting close to what Nick refers to as "go time" (haha). Well, hopefully you guys enjoy the pictures!



Here he comes!



Llama/Alpaca section



Yes, that IS a kangaroo!! He was so soft!



Yummy shorts!



Brady and mom on the train ride



Brady and dad in line waiting for Thomas--it was HOT!



I guess this means he had fun!

4 comments:

Rapp Family said...

What fun! I'm sad we didn't know about it because Jonah would have loved it! Great pictures and I can't wait for the baby to come, as I'm sure you feel too. Good to hear that you're not too uncomfortable, but there's still time I guess =) Take care of yourself and enjoy this last month with Brady.

MoJo said...

Abbs, this is awesome! How do you find out about something like this? My cousin did the same thing for her little boy in Provo.

Faron and Erin said...

How fun! Looks like Brady had a great time! You are looking so cute prego! The new baby will be here before you know it! I want to do somethign for the baby... but i need to know his name =0) If you can deliver that info.. I would appreciate it! Oh.. and what kind of nursery theme/ colors.. ect. Love ya!

thepainterfamily said...

Hey there! I can't wait to see new baby pics! Dave showed me the text message pics...ADORABLE! hope all is well, and my heart is just bursting with joy for your family! What a beautiful time! :) congratulations! love tara