Monday, January 5, 2009

It began to look a lot like Christmas...


SO CLOSE!



FUN WITH TAPE



GET YOUR MOTOR RUNNIN'


ALIENS WITH GOO IN THE MIDDLE! HE HAD BEEN ASKING FOR THIS FOR MONTHS!


REMNANTS OF SUMMER



FIRST SNOWSTORM


So we did have a white Christmas. The pictures are actually of like a week before, but it did snow again. This year was a great one. Nick and I tried to see who could spend the least on the other. Luckily he is not as Craigslist--or thrift store--savvy as I am. I got a practically brand new Guess Who game at the thrift store for $1.48--of course that one was for Brady and not Nick. They had all kinds of things there! We got a lot of new games for family home evening. As before, we got Guess Who, Twister, and Operation. He wanted the new Killers CD, and I was able to download all of the songs and print off the CD cover--so, that one was FREE for me! Brady had a great time. My sister had a Harley power wheels that her kids are too big for, so she gave it to us and it only needed a new battery and charger, so that was a steal too. Santa brought Jayden some toys that were strikingly similar to some of Brady's old ones. Ahhh I am so glad that Brady isn't old enough to notice! One of the toys that Brady is still having fun with is the roll of tape I left in his stocking. He is always wanting to use mine and I only give him a little at a time. It was funny to see him get excited--"Mom! Santa brought me candy, and a book, *gasp* and TAPE!" The thing that we have been the most occupied with is the Nintendo 64 we found on Craigslist--it was an awesome deal.





This is Brady's first experience with video games and I swear it is SO entertaining to watch him play and move the controller the way he wants Mario to go. I get a kick out of it every time. I've been going down memory lane playing Mario Kart.

1 comment:

thepainterfamily said...

I just LOVE this post! Everything! I wish Dave and I had done something like you and Nick...cause we just gave eachother "new tires for the car" for Christmas...not so romantic!

I'm gonna remember your craigslist/thrifty idea!! So cute!

The sandles on the porch are classic...hey, spring's right around the corner right?! :)